FUJIFILM “X” PHOTOGRAPHERS TRAVEL AND NATURE SUMMIT FALL 2017
September 6-10 / PORTLAND, OREGON
Thanks to Dan Bailey for providing much of this text. All images © Jack Graham
… and no, you don’t need to be a FUJIFILM “X” Shooter to join us!
Earlier this year the 1st FUJIFILM “X” Photographers Travel and Nature Summit was held in Townsend Tennessee (in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park). It was a great success. We brought together folks from all over along with some of FUJIFILM’S top management and technical field representatives. It was a great learning experience for everyone how not only gained important information from the instructors as well as the Fujifilm attendees, but from each other. This concept went far beyond what Bill Fortney and I had last year when we came up with this idea. Our thanks to Dan Bailey and Karen Hutton (both Fujifilm “X” Photographers as well) for being part of the program! Click HERE for a short Video done by Karen!
Below is essentially what the summit coming this fall to Portland Oregon is about!
- Sponsored by FUJIFILM and specifically designed for X Series shooters and people who are interested in the X Series, these workshops will teach you how to maximize your creativity and technical abilities with the Fuji system.
- Featuring Bill Fortney, Jack Graham, Dan Bailey and Dan Westergren, ( all dedicated workshop leaders) and learn a wide range of photography methods and techniques from each of us and get firsthand instruction about how we use the specific features of the Fuji cameras in our own image making. Click HERE for Bio’s on each of us.
- Through a combination of field sessions, presentations, image reviews and talks about a wide range of photography topics, you’ll learn not just how to expand your photography abilities, but how to make use of the specific tools and features found on the Fuji cameras.
- There will be plenty of opportunity for personal, one-on-one time with all of the instructors and informal time to chat and get to know not only the instructors, but the other attendees, as well. You are guaranteed to come away with many new friends! Also, there will be FUJIFILM technical reps and other personnel on hand to provide loaner equipment, enhance your learning experience and answer any questions (or give your own feedback) about the X Series gear. There will even be some free giveaways!
- Late summer/ early fall in the Pacific Northwest is beautiful… sometimes too beautiful! We will get out to a few locations to learn to use what you have learned at the summit.
- YOU DON’T NEED TO BE A FUJIFILM SHOOTER! If you’re an X Series shooter… GREAT!… or if you’re JUST curious about the Fuji system, and you want the chance to learn from working pro Fuji shooters, then I highly recommend the “X” Photographers Travel and Nature Summit in Portland Oregon this September.
- Photography instruction specifically geared towards FUJIFILM X Series shooters.
- Exclusive and intensive, multi-day learning opportunity in a beautiful setting.
- Field sessions, group presentations and personal image reviews.
- Lots of time for informal, on-on-one interaction with the instructors.
- Professional instruction in small group settings from 4 professional outdoor and travel shooters, all official FUJIFILM X Photographers
- FUJIFILM X Series cameras and lenses for you to try out
Each day will begin with a morning field session in any number of beautiful landscape settings, followed by a late morning presentation. After lunch, there will be 2-3 afternoon seminars that will feature any number of topics, and a feature evening presentation by one of the four instructors. In the evening, there will be lots of downtime for informal one-on-one time with the instructors and other attendees.
Each of the X-Photographers will give at least two focused presentations during the summit, and you’ll also see demonstrations by the FUJIFILM staff that will range from technical aspects and creative use of the X Series gear.
During the summit, you’ll learn a wide range of techniques and creative methods from a small group of long-time working pro photographers. They’ll provide insight about their own creative and compositional methods, as well as specific instruction on how they use the features and tools found in the X Series cameras. You’ll learn how to see and compose powerful imagery, and how to use the dedicated settings and creative tools in the Fuji system to expand your own creative photography boundaries.
- Tips towards making better images regardless of subject matter or location
- Composition: Seeing creativity and effectively arranging your subject matter
- What makes for a truly compelling image
- How to be proficient with the different X Series cameras and lenses
- Camera Settings: Making sure you know what each menu setting does and that your camera is set where you want it to be.
- How to make the most of the gear you already have
- Specific instruction on the dedicated modes and creative settings on the X Series gear
- How to pull together light, subject and background into single dramatic frameDuring the field sessions, you’ll work in smaller groups of 15 people and one of the X Photographer instructors. All attendees will have at least one field sessions with each of the instructors.
YES WE DO IMAGE REVIEWS: One of the best ways to learn is to have your own images reviewed by a professional. We’ll have a dedicated block set aside for image reviews and you’ll have the chance to submit two of your photographs for review and comment by each of the instructors. (Images should be on a USB thumb drive, 1600 pixels on the long side.)
During the review, the X Photographers will provide personal feedback about your image and give you expert tips on how to improve or expand the creative or technical aspects of your imagery and shooting style.
REGISTRATION ….LODGING and SUMMIT LOCATION
The cost for this 3 ½ day event is $699.00
Lodging is not included in the price of the summit, Information on Lodging and Registration can be found HERE
We will be basing our event out of the Portland Airport Courtyard by Marriott
- WHAT IS INCLUDED
- All classroom sessions
- Feature presentations
- Image reviews
- FUJIFILM X Series loaner gear and demos
- Guided field sessions
- Opportunities for one-on-one time with each of the instructors and FUJIFILM tech reps
- Dedicated X Series instruction and support
- The promise of amazing learning opportunities
- WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Travel/transportation to the summit locations
- Personal camera gear
- Meals and alcoholic beverages, tips gifts etc.
- Any guarantees of perfectly clear weather
Please consider joining us. For more information contact Jack Graham